Skip the bakery and make make a batch of these soft and fluffy cake mix blueberry muffins instead. They are incredibly quick and easy to make, and 5 simple ingredients in all it takes.
This muffins are perfect for those times you need to whip up something in a hurry. Enjoy them for breakfast or as a sweet snack.
Ingredients and substitutions
Only 5 simple ingredients are required to make these bakery style muffins.
- Milk - Whole fat milk was used in this recipe, however lower fat version can also be used.
- Oil - Use a mild flavored oil, such as vegetable or canola oil. The oil can be substituted with ⅓ cup melted butter.
- Eggs - 2 large sized eggs were used in these muffins.
- White cake mix - Use a packet of dry cake mix. The white cake mix can be substituted with any variety of cake mix, such as yellow or even chocolate cake mix.
- Blueberries - Fresh blueberries were used in this recipe, however frozen blueberries can also be used. If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw the blueberries first.
See recipe card for quantities.
Combine the milk, oil and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
Mix through the dry cake mix until just combined.
Fold through the blueberries.
Divide between paper muffin liners, then bake at 350 fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
Hint: The blueberries in this recipe can be substituted with other berries or chocolate chips.
- Crumble muffins - Add a crumble topping to the muffins just before baking for blueberry crumble muffins.
- Dairy free - Use a dairy free cake mix, and substitute the milk for a dairy-free milk alternative.
To make these muffins you will require a 12 hole muffin tin, 12 paper muffin liners and a large mixing bowl.
Store these muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
These muffins are suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up 3 months. Thaw at room temperature before enjoying.
The muffins are cooked through if they spring back when lightly touched in the center. Alternatively a skewer or toothpick can be used. Insert a skewer or toothpick into center of a muffin. If the skewer or toothpick comes out clean the muffins are cooked through.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with blueberry cake mix muffins:
- ⅔ cup milk
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 15oz. white cake mix
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°c. Place 12 paper liners in a 12 hole muffin tin and set aside.
- Add the milk, oil and eggs to a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Add the dry cake mix to the egg mixture and mix until just combined. Fold through the blueberries.
- Divide the muffin batter between the paper muffin liners. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.