This blueberry corn salad is incredibly refreshing, making it the perfect summer side dish. This salad is made with fresh corn kernels, fresh blueberries, creamy feta and chopped almonds for added texture.
The salad is then drizzled with a sweet honey lime dressing, which complements the salad perfectly. This salad is one of my families favorites, it's that delicious!
This is the perfect summer salad. It's juicy and refreshing, and pairs perfectly with grilled meats.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Corn kernels - Use the corn kernels from fresh corn cobs. If fresh corn is not available, use drained canned corn kernels.
- Blueberries - For best results use fresh blueberries in this salad. The blueberries could be substituted with other varieties of fresh berries.
- Feta - Greek feta was used in this salad because of its crumbly texture. This could be substituted with other varieties of feta or soft cheese.
- Almonds - The almonds can be substituted with other nuts or seeds, or omitted all together.
- Red onion - The red onion could be substituted with thinly sliced green onions.
- Cilantro leaves - Substitute the cilantro leaves with fresh basil leaves.
- Olive oil - Use a good quality extra virgin olive oil, or substitute with your preferred salad dressing oil.
- Lime juice - This dressing tastes best with freshly squeezed lime juice, however bottled lime juice can be used if fresh limes are not available.
- Honey - The honey could be substituted with 2 teaspoons of maple syrup.
- Salt and pepper - Used for seasoning the salad dressing.
See recipe card for quantities.
Slice the corn kernels off the fresh corn cobs.
Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl.
Combine the honey lime dressing ingredients.
Mix the salad ingredients and dressing until well combined.
Hint: There is no need to cook the corn before assembling the salad. While you could cook the corn if preferred, the uncooked corn adds an incredibly freshness to the salad.
- Make it a meal - Add sliced grilled chicken to turn this salad into a meal.
- Mix up the dressing - Use different dressings, such as creamy salad dressings, to mix up the flavors of the salad.
To make the salad you will need a sharp knife for removing the corn kernels, and a large mixing bowl and/or salad bowl.
Store this salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This salad is not suitable for freezing.
The salad dressing can also be made in a small jar. Add the dressing ingredients to a small jar, ensure the lid is screwed on tightly, and shake the jar until everything is well combined.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]:
- 3 cups corn kernels
- 2 cups blueberries
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup roughly chopped almonds
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
Honey lime dressing
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Use a sharp knife to slice the corn kernels off the corn cobs. Place in a large mixing bowl along with the blueberries, crumbled feta, chopped almonds, diced onion and cilantro leaves. Set aside.
- To make the honey lime dressing, add the olive oil, lime juice, honey and salt and pepper to a small mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the dressing into the bowl with the salad ingredients, and mix until everything is well combined and coated in the dressing. Serve from the mixing bowl, or transfer to a salad bowl for serving.